Monday, July 26, 2010

berating bus drivers.

"Stupid bus driver."

"Damn you! Open the back door!"

"Aww, dammit! The stupid driver took the long route!"

"What?! Why did he turn this way?! Now I'm going to miss my train!"

"OK, you know what? I'm not thanking him."
(Recognise this, Glenny?)

This post will be dedicated to something that has been bugging me lately. The amount of criticism I hear for innocent bus drivers.

Do you know how sad they might be? How would you feel if people were damning you to the fiery pits of Heck?

They'll probably start crying when they drive away! And if this happens, the tears will blur their vision, and they might crash. I know we all love bus crashes and all, but come on. What if he dies, and the last thing someone said to him was, "damn you, open the back door already!"?

And even if they can't hear you, they know what you're saying. They know you're berating them. They can read body language. They can read facial expressions. They are not mindless, driving machines. They have feelings! They get sad!

There was this driver once, and he was Asian. He didn't open the back door. He took the long route. Everybody complained and screamed and swore. Glenny neglected to thank him. But he still remained smiling, while deep down inside... his tender little heart was breaking.

I raise my glass to him in a toast! Such a fine specimen of a driver! But anyway...

The moral of the story is: DON'T BERATE BUS DRIVERS.

If you don't understand what berate means (Glenny...), don't be a lazy snow egg! Go search it up in the dictionary. Go. Now.

I reinforce my point-- DON'T BERATE BUS DRIVERS. THEY MIGHT CRY.

Just don't berate bus drivers. Because, you know, if you're the bus driver and you get berated... you'd die inside as well. You might even feel spiteful enough to not open the back door on purpose. And if so, I fully understand. I would be sad too.

One more time: NO BERATING BUS DRIVERS.

Good bye all.
~~AzA

No comments:

Post a Comment