Sunday, December 19, 2010

DEVIL REVIEW

Yeah, so yesterday, I went to watch Devil.

Let me tell you, it did not reach my expectations in terms of scariness.

In terms of creepiness and special effects, sure, it was okay.

The movie was more funny than scary.

No offence.

Okay, so a synopsis without spoilers:

A guy jumps off a building from the 35th floor to this death, and well, there's these two detectives and stuff who try to solve it. They figure out that the truck that the guy landed in had moved, and so yeah, they found glass in front of a building and stuff. Then they see a shard of glass fall, and it barely misses the detective guys and some cleaner dude.
Around the same time, five people go into an elevator - a guy who sells mattresses, some creepy mystery guy (don't worry, you find out who he is later), a young lady and some old lady and a temporary security guard for that building. They're all guilty of something they've done in the past, so.
The elevator malfunctions and stuff and it blacks out and stuff and they start dying, one by one..
A security guard looking over the scene kinda narrates the story about the Devil and stuff, and yeah, I'll stop there..

Well, if I had to rate it out of ten, it'd be a 5.5/10, no offence to the movie.

Yeah, well, it just didn't have the FEAR FACTOR for me. Sure, the Devil was creepy. But still. It disappointed me.

And it's six days until I go to America! I promise I'll get you guys something, but something small, just tell me what you guys want, and no, Gloriana, I'm not getting you a corndog. Quarantine.

I'll keep you posted from America,

-jo

No comments:

Post a Comment